Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The power of one

   I'm totally hijacking my mom's thoughts for this one.  It's too good not to share.
 
   This trip was honestly full of difficult moments.  Heartbreaking, devastating moments. Some of which I quick frankly can't or won't share.  At the end of it all though, this thought held true and steadfast.

The power of one.

My mom articulated it during her devotion time on the rooftop.

It's a glorious place-the rooftop of Gertrude's.  We come together there each morning and each evening to start and end with Whom it all starts and ends with.

It's precious time and my mom shared how with the exception of 3 in this particular group, they had all been brought to Haiti through my grandpa's time there decades ago.
The power of one. I looked around the circle and cried.  The ripple effect the Holy Spirit put on his experience and love for this little country was evident right there in real time and my grandparents didn't even know this side of heaven the impact it would have.

Then mom went on to note all the people in Scripture that God has used.  One person. Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, and ultimately Christ.  The true power of One.
 
He has used one person over and over and over throughout history for mighty things. What we may not value as mighty, God does.  He seems to often use the least equipped, the quietest moments, the whispered prayers to move mightily.  I love that about Him.  It sure takes the pressure off to know He uses people right where they are while still drawing them closer and closer to Him.  As a feeler, I like how that feels.

I'm really just consumed with this idea of one.  Don't worry about impacting the multitudes. He can do that. Focus on the One who lives in you and the one in front of you.  It's difficult, yes, but oh, so powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment