Thursday, May 2, 2013

Words

A few quotes I love and why.

"Stop the glorification of busy."--This one stops me in my tracks instantly.  We live in a world where busy=success, busy=important, busy=valuable. And that's wrong.  I get caught up in that too.  I catch myself being prideful about my busy days.  The ones where I pack too much in and end up tired and stressed, but  oh look at how much I can do.  Ridiculous, but true.  So stop it, I say.   

"You don't have a soul.  You are a soul.  You have a body." C.S. Lewis--I work in a field that focuses on bodies.  Movements patterns, work capacity, exercise is what I have found myself studying and coaching.  Our bodies are not what we are, they are what we have.  Our soul needs as much, if not more, studying and coaching.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." William Morris.--This quote has literally changed my home.  I have to revisit it often to keep it that way.

 "To believe in something and not live it is dishonest."  Gandhi.--Makes me want to nail down what I believe so I can live life honestly.  That takes work.

"Out of clutter find simplicity. From discord find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."  Albert Einstein.--I often exist in clutter, discord and difficulty.  This turns me towards "finding" simplicity, harmony and opportunity.  They don't just show up.  You have to look for them.

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." Hebrews 6:19.--There is nothing more powerful then hope.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10.--And hope comes from this place of knowing who is in charge.

Sometimes just a few words I read can change the course of my day.  All of these can do that for me.  Words are so powerful. 



1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate the quote : ""Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." William Morris

    How hard this is to follow. I also appreciate the quote about being busy. I fall into this trap often. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete