Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers

I've got some blog catching up to do, but today it's a shout out to the dads.

What a monumental job these men have in the lives of their children.  It's not a straightforward, step by step, do this and you're going to be a good dad kind of gig. 
It's messy and confusing and hard some days.

When I look around my life, I see men taking on this task with confidence and determination and a capacity for love that is incredibly endearing. 
My daddy is one of those men.  He has always been the calm in life's storms.  A peaceful, wise counsel.  A beautiful example of loving his children unconditionally.  He is why my standards were so high when I decided to marry my husband.

And speaking of confidence...Chad has taken on fatherhood with a confidence that is contagious.  He doesn't balk at the hard stuff.  As the years have rolled on, he's settled into this gig so amazingly well.  He gets it.  The big picture.  That we're raising adults.  He wants so badly for our children to be good strong Christian examples in the world.  He makes it apart of his conversations, his actions, his choices.   I am so thankful for all he does for our family.  It's impossible to quantify the impact he has in our children's lives.

And still more, I see my father-in-law, my brothers and brothers-in-law, my friend's husbands, all taking on this role so fantastically.  Each one is a shining example of what it means to be a father and I'm so grateful for each one of them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment