Thursday, July 4, 2013

Summertime bullet points

*So far, summer has been blissfully dull save for one week where 4 kids were suppose to be in 3 different places at the same times and the occasional evening where Chad is working, I'm coaching and kids need to be at games.  Hasn't been too bad yet.

*The bigs wake up late, wander around, read books, take naps, go to the library, go swimming.  The littles follow suit for the most part.  We've had a few weekends of basketball for Elijah, T-ball for Caleb and baseball for Cory.  Autumn is doing summer dance and the 3 older ones are taking piano lessons.  Aside from that, they fend for themselves.  I do not "entertain" well.  "Go play" is my most used phrase in the summer.

*Autumn has a babysitting job this summer for her teacher's two sons.  She is loving making some money and she's a natural caretaker.  A play games, read books, make crafts, kind of babysitter.  That girl is organized and efficient.  She is clearly just like her mother. HA!

*The gym is going so well.  We steadily have at least 1 or 2 people in Foundations with a pretty good retention of members.  I so enjoy the community aspect of it!  We're hosting a fundraiser for school tuition for Mathou, Roby and Junior next Saturday and I'm super excited about that!

*I've had a recent rough stretch of reality checks.  Mostly about friendships and relationships.  Apparently I tend to be a bit more invested in people than they are in me. I realize I may not be the most consistent friend, but it still hurts sometimes when you realize they don't view you as the friend you thought you were.  C'est la vie.

*I'm somewhat sure I'm going to take a class or two this fall.  I'd like to get my PT assistant degree.  This is not the first time a degree has caught my attention, but this is one that has stuck around for awhile.  Long enough to make me seriously consider it anyway.  I'd like to start working on it for a lot of reasons.  One being, if we could ever have Chad just at the gym, I would need to be working.  Two, I think I would really like the actual day to day of it.  Three, it would be very helpful in our gym setting.  And four, I could really use that information and knowledge in Haiti.

*It's the 4th of July.  I love, love, love the festivities around this holiday.  BBQs, big fireworks(I hate spending $$ on the stupid firecracker stuff, but love the big shows), and most importantly the focus is should put back on what so many men and women have fought to retain.  Freedom!  Having lived that military life for a few years and having so many family members serve, we are acutely aware of how difficult that life can be.  It does come at a price and we are so grateful for those who have paid so we can live free.

*I think that's all.  I think I'm caught up for the most part. 
I never wrote an "anniversary" post last month.  13 years.  Seems like a lifetime.  We were talking with friends last night about some of our early married years and it was a lifetime ago.  Yet, such a huge part of who we are today.  I may need to write that anniversary post...It's a big deal that I still love that guy like crazy. 

Happy Independence Day!!

1 comment:

  1. Love to hear you don't entertain your kids. You shouldn't. You should be living....teaching by example.:) Go for it....PT....
    DO an anniversary recall....

    ReplyDelete