Sunday, August 11, 2013

3...2...1...GO...

If you read my blog with any kind of regularity, then you know I've wrote a few times about margin and knowing your limits and saying no sometimes to give yourself some space, especially if you have littles.

Lies.  All of it.

I'm kidding!  All that is super duper true.  And I'm about to embark on what will be months and could be years of knowingly, willingly, strategically pushing out of those margins that I love so much.  It could be a disaster.  There will be tears and anguish and lots of questions on my part of, "Is this worth it?"  I'm gonna guess that some days the answer will be no and some days yes.  But, I hope, in the end, the answer is yes, yes, yes.

I'm starting school tomorrow. I'll be taking 7 credit hours.  A one credit Basic Concepts which I think they require to weed out the people that don't really want to study Human Anatomy and Physiology.  And 6 credits of Human A&P and Lab.  Manageable, right?
What these next months will hopefully look like is a steady 6-10 credits each semester until I am finished with a Physical Therapy Assistant degree. 

I don't imagine I'll have much margin to give.  I pray my husband understands and my kids understand and my friends and family understand that I've never done anything like this.  I've never tried to tackle this kind of life for a long period of time.  I don't know how it will go.  I hope it goes well.  That my walls are wider than I think.  That I can still be a good wife and mother, a decent friend to most and a good friend to a few.  That I can keep up and keep in touch.  That I don't cry too much or worry too much.
That's my hope and prayer.  That although it's a lot, that it won't be too much.

1 comment: