Wednesday, August 21, 2013

To-do

Here we go...
My to-do list.
I use to make these lists to help me get all the housework and errands done.
Or the projects around the house that I wanted to do.
Or the books I wanted to read.
Or the meals I needed to cook.

Now it looks a little something like this...

1. Focus on this moment.

2. Now focus on this moment.

3. Now you can focus on this moment.

4. Repeat.

You get the idea.  I cannot think about anything past this moment. Except to the extent it prepares me for the next moment.

It's good, right?  Yep.
Except when I get ahead of it.  When I look through the next few days, I want to cry.  If I stupidly look through the next week, I'll never get out of bed.  I can be paralyzed by busyness.  Slightly busy is energizing.  Too busy is debilitating. 

And the tight rope walk is on.

2 comments:

  1. Just saw this on Livesay....better have taken some risks and lost than to have done nothing and succeeded.
    erwin lutzer

    ReplyDelete