Saturday, October 12, 2013

Surprises

I hesitate writing this post.  I love surprises, but nothing is worse than blowing a surprise.
I'm banking on the fact that few people read this blog and even fewer see my daughter on a regular basis.

Her birthday is the 21st of this month.  And we're going to surprise her. 
It's been in the works for about a month and has only worked out because of my sister's generosity.  I get a little giddy thinking about it...

Autumn and I are flying on a jet plane to Florida.  We'll spend 4ish days with my sister and family.  My nieces don't know.  My daughter does not know.  My sister and I are trying to keep it under wraps until the day we fly out. 

We decided last Christmas after spending more than we ever had on a cool "big" gift for the kids that they destroyed in a matter of weeks, that we are no longer doing big gifts.  At least until they are much older and less destructive.  So, our gifts will be experiences.  This is Autumn's birthday and Christmas gift (and really should be my gift, as well!)

We have some other ideas in the works for the other kids and it will be fun to experience those as well.

Autumn thinks we're going to Missouri to celebrate with her friends there and my parents.  It's a nice cover since my mom is watching the boys while we're gone. 
So if you see her, ask about her trip to Missouri, but DO NOT mention Florida!!  Gosh, I love surprises!

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe! It's getting harder to keep a secret the closer it gets - they keep asking about doing things on next weekend and I have to keep coming up with creative excuses why they can't. Only 5 more days - I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to be thrilled!!! One of the best gifts we have ever given our children was a surprise trip. Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete