Friday, October 4, 2013

Runaway freight train

Full steam ahead is about the only way I can describe these past few weeks.
Days are full, housework is way behind, 12 year old is self-educating, 10 year old is running the house most evenings, 8 year old is getting school in twice a week if we're lucky, and 5 year old has been watching entirely too much SpongeBob Squarepants and I vaguely remember what my husband looks like.

But, we're making it.  The housework will inevitably always exist.  The 12 year rates his "happiness" very high, the 10 year old has some mad skills at being in charge, the 8 year old doesn't mind the free days and is still making progress and the 5 year old is happy to sit around in his underwear most days with Legos, boxes and TV to entertain.  As for the husband, well, this won't last forever, right?
The truth is I don't know how we would do this without a good bit of prayer, clutch friendships, ultra responsible, easy-going kids, and for me, the knowledge that there is always a little respite around the corner.  A weekend at my parents, Chad's days off, a coffee date with friends, anything that reminds me that we're all good.

This weekend, we're going to my parents to speak at my dad's congregation's mission festival about Haiti.  It is what I love to do.  Every bit of me wants to share a little piece of my heart and hope for our friends there.  I'm so thankful to have the opportunities to do that.
It also means a full day tomorrow of nothing on the agenda.  Just my mom, dad and grandmas to chat with, a nap to take and pictures and slideshows to touch up.  A respite. 


We're making it.  Some days I'm entirely overwhelmed and others I'm oblivious to the quantity we push through.  I won't be sad when this semester is over!

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps you need a larger picture of your husband on the blog...so you remember what he looks like. :)
    Blessing on your trip sharing time with the people you love here, getting excited about seeing again the people you love there.

    ReplyDelete