Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pause

It seems after something tragic, my brain shuts down a bit and it's hard to put together thoughts in a "bloggish" fashion.
We're busy.  It's the holidays.  I have a million thoughts in a day that could be shared and no time or energy to share them.  
Things have happened in our lives(competition at the gym, first middle school games, birthday for the girl, etc), in the world (Ferguson, ebola) and I have thoughts on all of them that I would like to put in my little journal here, but it's too much to keep up with.  I feel a bullet point post coming on ;-)
I haven't been sleeping well and I have 2 canker sores which is a sure sign that I'm stressed.  Money is super non-existent after paying out our annual affiliation fee and insurance at the gym. Holiday shopping is looming and this next week is full.  End of semester assignments and tests that aren't getting done, basketball games, and Christmas concerts.  That beautiful thing called margin
And then today, when I had big plans to put a big dent in my homework, this...
Sick baby.  
The rest of life shut down and I remember why I'm here. 

 Sometimes I need the reminder.  Wish it didn't have to come in the form of a vomiting child.  

No comments:

Post a Comment