Monday, February 1, 2016

A Thousand Years


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ayN39xmsI

A rare solo workout at the gym today so I put a playlist on that I don't usually use.  It's not exactly "gym" music, but I wanted to kinda relax while I lifted. Anyway, I had this song in the mix and as soon as the first cord hit, I started crying.

It hit hard and fierce.

This is in a nutshell how I feel about our adoption.
I'm particularly emotional about it this week. There is a team leaving for Haiti.  Many of whom I have gone with before.  A few that went on my last trip a year ago.  It was this trip, one year ago, that I came back and Chad and I decided it was time to move on the adoption.  I am excited for them and simultaneously heartbroken. I miss our HOLH kids so much.  I thought we would be farther along in the adoption by now.

This song gets me every single time because I do already love them, always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment