Monday, June 18, 2012

Avenues

I'm struggling a bit with some of this adoption stuff. And maybe not how you would think.  It's so complicated. So multi-faceted, so much bigger then a "simple" solution. 
We so want to adopt, but our reasons are shifting.  Our perspective is broadening.  The whys and hows are getting messy.

The more I read and talk and research and pray, the more I understand that we may be a part of a bigger solution.  I'm asking myself more and more not how many children could we adopt, but rather how many Haitian families can we help stay together.  It's a different solution to the same problem.  So, so many blogs I read have been putting this idea to work.  Helping men and women keep their children seems like a much better solution then to take a child from it's native land.  It is still a valuable solution, but not the best.  I NEVER thought of this before.  I would have NEVER came to that conclusion on my own.  Poor babies+rich Americans=adoption=less poor babies.  Right?
It's not that simple.
Adoption is still very much a part of what we want to do.  Although, I am starting to feel like this is beginning to be much less about what I want and more of what God wants as we move along.  That's a good thing, but I just don't know how that's going to look down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment