Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Homeschooling a 7th grader

I don't know how other people homeschool.  It's one of those great mysteries.  I've talked to other homeschoolers and it seems some other people may have similar experiences, but there is really no way to know since I'm not there.
I suppose it depends on the primary teacher, the students, the schedules.  I happen to love our "schedule"  which consists of no schedule at all.  Elijah has proved to be extremely efficient when he wants to be. 
Meaning he did a weeks worth of school yesterday.  Took him about 7 hours.  I mentioned that I think he needs to work at least 3 days a week in some capacity cause it just seems wrong to do school one day a week.  Or he needs to find a job.
He kinda grinned and said ok. "Maybe I can get 2 or 3 weeks worth done in a few days."
Its possible this relaxed, breezy schedule will get old for him at some point.  We'll deal with that when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment