Thursday, September 5, 2013

Running away

I have, over the years, had the urge to run away.  There are times that it all just feels too heavy.  And somehow running away seems like the only way to lighten the load.  There were many, many times I couldn't run away.  I had to stand and face it all.  My failures and heartaches, my loneliness in the chaos, my fears and insecurities.  And I'm thankful for those times because they were faith-shaping and skin-thickening and mind-stretching. 

Tomorrow, though, I'm running.  Cause I can.  My little sister is just a few short hours away and it is a safe haven if ever there was one.  I will unload some mental baggage and drink plenty of wine and figure out all the world's problems, at least for a time.


I expect to come back with just as much to do and more, but hopefully with some margin, emotionally.  The crazy schedule really is holding out well and I haven't felt too overwhelmed with that yet.  It just doesn't leave me with a whole lot of space to fail.  And I do fail and it's hard.  I need a moment to buffer it all a bit and Grace (there is not another name that would suit her more) is waiting with open arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment