Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's gonna be a good day.

It took some convincing to get Caleb out the door this morning...and maybe some raised voices.  He said it is the worst day ever and "this" (I'm still not sure what he meant by "this") was why he didn't want to go to school.
Thankfully, his little school is a 15 minute drive away.  It took about 7 of those minutes before he stopped talking about how much he didn't want to go.  The following minutes were about the refinery's smoke colors and the final minute, he said, "I wonder what I'll get to do today."  I walked him inside to the gym for opening and he walked up beside his teacher and started in on the singing and motions.  It was sweet to see him with his coat and backpack joining in with the other kids.  I have no idea what he will say about today or if tomorrow will be as tough to get him out the door.  I drove away today though and really felt like this is a good place for him.  I hope he sees that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment