Saturday, September 20, 2014

Photo/brain dump

It's fall(ish), guys.  That means things to do and get done and get to and get home from and orchestrate and organize and remember to do and scramble to keep up with kind of days.
This month of September is ok though.  Its busy but steady. No frenzy yet.  October may be a different story.  It's a practice, a hard one, at taking one day at a time. 
And yet, I'm finding these pockets of time to rest.  Not every day, but some days and not for long, but for moments.  I like it.
I've noticed I don't do anything really differently than I did when I had the kids home during the day, it's just quieter when I do them. I still do homework, clean occasionally, workout, run errands.  Do life.  I just don't have anyone tagging along or interrupting.  I don't mind it, really.  It just feels different.  Not bad.  Different.  Every momma of young kids dreams for this day. And it's good, but I wouldn't wish the little days away if I could go back.  As nice as it is to have the quiet, it just reminds me that they'll be gone soon. Like really gone.  Not just gone til 3.

Here's a bit of a run down of September in pictures!
Post-game meal! Elijah is having a pretty awesome season so far.  He's loving playing receiver!


Corky's first season of flag football.  He's quite the little stud.

Autumn playing VB.  It's slow going at this age, but she is having fun and getting better!



Birthday cake by Autumn.  It was BEYOND good.  Like BEYOND.  She is a baker.


Spent my whole birthday with my favorite person.  

First speech.  Starbucks.




High School reunion.  15 years.  Loved catching up with some friends.  Always wish we stayed in better touch...


Luke's memorial tree on campus.  Evidence of the years that have passed.

On any given road trip, Caleb will want my phone to take pictures.  This is usually what happens.


First day of school!




And where we spend the majority of our "free" time.  Such a gift.

And September isn't even over yet!!




No comments:

Post a Comment