Thursday, August 28, 2014

Algebra

You guys.  I am too old for this.  
I remember liking algebra back in the day.  As in the days of 1998.
Since that time, I have filled my brain with a multitude of other things of great importance.  Like how to hold a crying baby while cooking dinner with a toddler attached to my leg.  Or how to function throughout an entire day on 3 hours of sleep.  Or figuring out how to get 4 children to 5 different places in the course of an evening.  Valuable stuff.
All the algebra got pushed back.  WAY BACK.  To the distant corners of my brain and I have yet to retrieve them.  It's fuzzy and dark back there and the voice in my head is telling me this is useless information that I will, in fact, toss away as soon as this semester is over.  That makes it difficult to concentrate on things like rational and irrational numbers and graphing and solving for x and y and remembering formulas and that's just in chapter 1.
I'm certain a classroom course in algebra would be much better for me, but an online course works with life at the moment.  I may resort to begging various friends to tutor me.  
This is the final push before I can apply for the PTA program and I want to get there so badly.  I know I can do it, but it's just finding the "want to" that is slowing me down.  
I suppose I could stop blogging and actually try and accomplish some of the assignments in the time I have...  
I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment