Monday, March 23, 2015

Bullet points

You knew it was going to come this, right?  It always does... :-)

*A few days before spring break, after Daylight Savings time. 
10 minutes before we are suppose to leave for school.  
Poor guy just could not get himself out of bed.  
I pulled clothes on his comatose body and we hustled like crazy with minimal yelling. I managed to get everyone to school on time.  I was feeling all awesome and stuff. All rockstar mommish.
Then I got a call from Elyria, Caleb's school.  "Hi, Sarah.  Today is the chicken noodle dinner.  Caleb needs to be in his choir clothes."  Oops...
This also meant on a day(Tuesdays) when he normally has hot lunch at school, he would need a sack lunch, which I did not pack.  
Oops...
This also meant I was suppose to bake 2 pies for the dinner.
Oops...
That feeling of awesome quickly drifted away and all I could do was pack a lunch, get his choir clothes together and shake my head.  Some days, winning means making it to bedtime in one piece.

* We headed to MO as soon as spring break started.  Elijah was visiting St. Paul and I had a few Haiti talks lined up and we had an entire cow's worth of beef to pick up.   
The visit went well.  It was bizarre.  I can't think of any other way to describe it.  I was a mom of a potential high school student.  You guys, I am just a few years out of high school. Really. I am.  
But, they tell me he is old enough for those shenanigans so I guess I'll let him go.  

*There is always something exciting going on at my parents'.  Like chickens laying huge eggs and my mom commenting on checking the chickens to see if one of them was bleeding out from laying a egg this size. ;-)






I sent this picture to Isaac to illustrate the difference in my sister an 8 pounder vs. him, a 12 pounder.  Poor momma.





We had some cousin time with my oldest brother and his family.  My niece is just so fun.  I love talking to her cause there is always something going on in her little world :-)

*We went and watched Mockingjay at the high school one night.  At one point, the only kids there were Muehlers. It made me giggle.  So many Muehlers :-)
I love this sweet picture of my Laura.  Isn't she a beauty?  She is.  Inside and out. We have known each other since I was a freshman and she was a senior in high school. Old friends are just the best.

*I am almost done with home study paperwork.  You guys!  Did you read that?  Id say 80% done.  That feels like a real accomplishment.  


*We are almost through the CrossFit Open, which means nearly nothing to anyone except CrossFitters.  It's a worldwide competition and we have some of our athletes doing really, really well.  It's fun and exhausting.  

*We have had quite a few new members lately and they are all awesome.  I love the whole meeting new people part of the gym.  It's my favorite.

I think that's all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment