Friday, April 24, 2015

Windy city

It's been a busy, busy few weeks with no sign of slowing down any time soon, which means lots going on in my head and not much blogging to unload it all...
Before I get to anything else, this FIRST!!


Two weekends ago, I got to sneak away with some of the best girls I know to Chicago and meet up with another best girl I know to spend some quality time together and have some FUN.  
Some years back when we first moved to town, I starting going to a MOPS group.  Turns out that our first little group of moms with little kids needed each other.  I know I certainly needed them. Some were already friends, some were acquaintances and some new friends.  After MOPS, a bible study was started and our little group continued to bond.  It has not been without some problems that had to be weathered. Sometimes(or really, most of the time), "bible study" turned into sharing about life and struggles and personal things, but each of those times mattered to the depth and growth of those friendships.  Some of those original girls have moved away or moved on, but what's truly amazing about these girls is that despite that and our shifting lives and responsibilities and activities, they continue to find the time to keep the friendships going.  McDonalds dates with kids, movie/TV nights without kids, birthday dinners, weekend getaways.  Over and over again. 
This is not easy, people. 
We all have busy lives with husbands and children and jobs and families and on and on, but for the past 6+ years, these girls keep showing up, putting in the time and making the effort to keep this friendship going.  I am forever grateful for that.  Not all of the girls could make it this trip, unfortunately, but we are already planning the next one with hopefully everyone!



Leaving KC!


The view from The Godfrey.
I adore the city.  Adore.


Together!

HUB 51

Fish tacos!  OMGoodness! So good.

So nice to just BE TOGETHER!

                        
Off to get breakfast!


Starbucks +
 Firecakes = DELICIOUS!

Heading out on the town!

Redhead Piano bar!  SO FUN!

I bought hipster glasses.  Not gonna lie...I love them so much.
It's like having an alter ego :-)



Lots of "sharing" going on... ;-)

Had to leave too soon...
Sad, goodbye face. :-(

Until next time...


Make the time and effort for your girlfriends.  It is SO worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this and sooo agree with making the time and effort. I LOVE you gals and miss you LOTS

    ReplyDelete