Thursday, November 18, 2010

Piano lessons

Finally!!!
My kids are taking piano lessons! I've wanted them to for so long, but we haven't had the room for a piano and I didn't have the patience to take them someplace else to practice.

The older 3 are trading a time spot so they are getting a lesson every 3 weeks. I'm not sure if this is enough or not, but that's what we're doing for now.

Piano might actually be my only regret (not a big fan of feeling regret, so I just avoid it if I can). I think I took lessons for 3 years. Maybe 4?? I really don't remember much except where middle C is, 2 bars of a song I played for a recital and begging my mom to quit when I was 11. I liked playing, but hated practicing. Pretty typical for an 11 year old, I'm sure. My mom tried. I know she did. I imagine I will have very similar conversations with my pianists at some point.

I wish I would have kept at it for just a few more years.
I might actually still be able to play.
I can barely read music.
I just think it would be a great stress reliever to just sit at the piano and play something beautifully!
I don't expect them to be concert pianists, but I consider it a life skill to be able to read music.
We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment