Thursday, May 26, 2011

My mind in bullet points

*I will be on the brink of tears at all times the next few days and it's not just because I'm sad for those in Joplin.  It's because I look around and see an overwhelming desire to help.
*I am not an anxious person, but trying to imagine what I will see when I go to Joplin this weekend makes my chest tighten.
*Our house is almost done. 
*Which means we're staying in a hotel for at least 2 nights and probably 3 because they have to do a major cleaning because of lead paint.
*This sounded like no big deal until it happened on this particular week when I really need to be in my home.
*Autumn has her dance recital tomorrow night. 
*She is a good dancer and yes, I'm biased.
*Cory's birthday is on Saturday and we're missing part of it to go to Joplin.
*I waver between guilt and peace.
*He is going to see one of his favorite cousins so I think it will be fine.
*He's going to be 6, which makes me crazy.  He can't be that old. 
*He was born in Joplin. 
*Elijah has his first baseball game of the season tonight.
*He looks really cute in baseball pants and he would be totally embarrassed if I told him that.
*I need to get us dinner from somewhere and get Elijah some longer socks. 
Signing off...

1 comment: