Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cory Luke

May 28, 2005
After nearly a week of nightly contractions, Cory Luke was here.  He was born in Joplin, MO.
We missed part of his birthday this year to help in Joplin after the tornado.  
He didn't mind, which says a lot about the kind of kid he is.  He's good with whatever.
1st birthday

He is 6.
He's the one I love to watch from a distance. 
He's an introvert and prefers the company of one to the company of many.
He can play for hours by himself, existing in his own world of super heroes, ninjas and bad guys that need defeating.
He thinks his dad is Batman.
He can go from this guy,...
to this guy,...
In a blink.
He loves his daddy.

His eyes are the darkest brown.  I tell him they remind me of dark chocolate so whenever I look at him I get hungry.

He loves to dress up and be silly.

We hear how much he looks like his dad on a daily basis.  I don't think either of us mind.
He's special.  We named him after Chad's brother Cory and my brother Luke.  We make sure he knows who those young men were.
I've often thought God gave me Cory because Chad is gone so much.  I can see his dad in his face, his walk, his personality.
Cory is competitive and loves to win.
And at the end of the day all he wants is some alone time with his dad or mom to talk. 
Life just wouldn't be as good without Cory Luke.
Happy Birthday, Corky!

2 comments:

  1. Love! Perfect post about a wonderful kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes. He is truly going to do something remarkable in his life. Love you, Corky!! Remember the night he was born. Can't believe it was 6 years ago.

    ReplyDelete