Friday, February 22, 2013

Snowbound

I'm not gonna lie. 
I love snow! 
In very short, intermittent moments. 
I even like to get out and shovel it.  I like to watch the kids play in it.  I went skiing once and loved it. 
I probably like it because we get one decent snowstorm a year if we're really lucky.
I would maybe change my tune if we lived in it for months.

This snow storm that blew through was an answer to many prayers for moisture. 
It also gave us some mandatory down time.  I went to the store for a few things between the first snow and the second snow.  And of course , stopped at Family Video for the real essentials...movies!
The kids, in general, watch too much TV, but a snow day requires hot chocolate, movies and snow gear for the quick bursts of energy to go tackle a snow fort or snowman.
Mission accomplished!  Movies have been watched(several times), hot chocolate is all gone(that took about 12 hours) PJs were worn for multiple days and snow forts were made. 
The snow will be around for a few more days, I'm sure, but I'm ready to get out again.  And I'm ready for spring...thank you for the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment