Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Summertime

I adore summer.  The heat.  The laziness.  The pool time.  I do love it.
I've always had someone homeschooling and usually 2 or 3 someones so the "shock" of having kids home all day, every day is not as intense as it is for some.  Family dynamics being as they are, though, I have two little boys, that while left to their own are quite enjoyable to be around, together they are often, um, difficult.  
They fight.  They argue.  They battle.  A lot.
I'm determined to not spend my days yelling at them to get along. Obviously that tactic has worked perfectly, so I'm not sure why I'm going to try and give it up...
So, with pinterest and some other friends posting their intent of a summer fun list, I decided we'll give it a go.  I am such a HORRIBLE follow-througher(made-up word.  I know).  I can make a glorious list and plan a glorious plan. I get to the point of execution...AND I take a nap.  Or stare at the walls.  Or take a nap.
We have a relatively busy summer.  Some basketball camps, drawing class, regular Crossfit classes at the gym, kids Crossfit camp, family vacation/wedding are all in the works.  But, I know there will be days of "I'm bored."  
So our list was made...drum roll...
We'll see how this goes.  I have high hopes.  
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment