Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Big weekend!

We hit the ground running as soon as we returned from Haiti.  No easing back into life this time around.  With the end of the school year fast approaching, the uptick of activities have started.  
I'm highly anticipating summer time!  Breakfast on the porch, lazy days, afternoons by the pool, and different activities for the kids.  
We had to power through these few weeks first!  And in my typical fashion, when we have a big family event, like Autumn's confirmation, I decide to take on house projects.  Why do I do this?  I do not know.  
Our interior has been in dire need of repainting so I decided that was going to happen before Autumn's confirmation.  It was a ton of work, but I love how it turned out!
 From beige to gray!

Trim went from a white white to a cream and I painted the baseboards the same as the walls.




 Kitchen went from beige to YELLOW!

Painted the piano an icy blueish and didn't like it so repainted it less icy and more turquoise.

Originally painted the bench the color of the kitchen and didn't like it so painted it black!  
LOVE!


And after many years of hand me down furniture, we bought a new sectional for the living room!

With a big confirmation day on Sunday, we also hosted our 2nd annual Raise the Bar for Haiti event on Saturday!  Lots of fun!
 We had PERFECT weather for the event!
Chad explaining the workout.  I was the demo girl for movement standards. :)

Awesome group from Crossfit Old 81 in Newton

Our Pathos people!

Fun bunch from CrossFit McPherson Y!  Love having these guys around!

Great team from CrossFit Calamity in Wichita!

Saturday afternoon and evening were spent prepping for Autumn's big day.  She has worked really hard these past two years and we're so proud of her and her growing faith.  

 So close to a normal picture.  Caleb has sticky tack.  I don't even know.

With Uncle Seth, her godfather.

Isn't my mom beautiful?!?!  I think she just keeps getting more beautiful as the years go by.  
My dad is pretty dapper himself.  It's the beard.  :)
 I LOVE the face she is giving Grandpa!

Dad and Mom Muehler are really just the best.  I am so thankful for such wonderful in laws.  No horror stories here.  They truly are amazing.

Little A not looking so little.

My girl.

2 comments:

  1. love every little piece of this. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you decorate the world, Sarah - with your home, heart AND your family! <3 God's blessings always on you and Autumn for her confirmation

    ReplyDelete