Monday, April 2, 2012

The older I get...

the more I like vegetables.
the less I like Skittles.


the more I like a cold glass of water...and beer.
the less I like soda.


the more I like quiet moments alone.
the less I like large groups of people.


the more I like time spent with close friends.
the less I like "partying" with a bunch of acquaintances.


the more I like my husband.
the less I like my husband...kidding, kidding :-)


the more I like quality.
the less I like quantity.


the more I like my parents.
the less I like my childhood notions of who I thought they were.


the more I like sunshine.
the less I like rain.


the more I like my faith.
the less I like what I thought that meant.


the more I like workout pants with spandex.
the less I like any other attire.


the more I like dresses.
the less I like shorts...I realize this counters my previous statement :)


the more I feel settled.
the less I feel flighty.


the more I make mistakes.
the less I beat myself up for those mistakes.


the more I forgive others and myself.
the less I worry.


The older I get, I see many things quite differently then I use to. 
I can only hope age continues to serve me in such a way.







1 comment: