Monday, April 30, 2012

Tonight, it starts.

Our own little social experiment.
I recently read 7 by Jen Hatmaker.
Tonight, a group of my friends will embark on some version of hers.
I'm excited to see how God moves through this. 
This is unusual for me.  I'm not a "works righteousness" kind of person.  I stand firmly on the side of by grace alone. Living my grace alone is the only way to live, but it should produce good fruit.  My tree can be pretty sparse most days.  I hope to change that.

This book calls on the carpet many of my actions and inaction and I was convicted.  Embarrassed.  Ashamed.  Enlightened.
Our works don't save us.
This book will not save us.
But I want my life to look in such a way that others see Christ.  Not me.  Not my possessions or clothes or home or...just Christ.
The only way for that to happen is to change what I do and what I say and what choices I make.
Let the experiment begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment