Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Challenge #2-Clothes

What is it about our society and clothes??
Entire magazines, advertising agencies, industries are driven by our "NEED" for clothes, more clothes!!
Obsessed, consumed, entitled, supposed stress-reliever??  What is it about clothes?
They can rule our lives so unsuspectingly. 
We do need them.  Unless someone wants to start a nudist colony with me?? 

No takers?  Strange.
Anyway, it's with each new season, we load up!
New shirts and shorts and shoes. 

New school year=New wardrobe!
Event coming up?  Must get new outfit.

Quick run to Walmart for a few things?  Couple new clothes items end up in my cart cause they were on sale!
Just a quick browse online and look, I found a cute dress for only $10! 
Sheesh.
I don't feel the need to have new clothes very often and quite frankly, I'd rather not shop unless I have to.  That being said, I STILL fall into the same traps.  Grab a shirt here, a cute pair of shoes on sale there.  It happens.
So, with that in mind, we're going to tackle this week with 7 items of clothing.  8, actually because we get 2 shoes that count as one of the 7. 
It's going to be interesting...Will I care?  Will I love it? Hate it?  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment