Sunday, May 6, 2012

I didn't think I was that attached...


Our Max was hit by a car last night.
I was coming home last night around 10 and drove by him on the road.  I was sure it was him.  I hoped it wasn't.
I went inside and told Chad.  We walked out to the street.
It was Max.
I was so sick.
Here is why I love my husband: He went and picked him up, carried him home and buried him.
I would have left him.
We woke the 3 older kids up and told them so they could come out for the burial.
  I just cried and hugged them.  It is not something I ever want to do again.
They were so sad, so mad.
Elijah wanted to "get" whoever did it to Max.
It must have just happened before I drove by.  He was still warm.
So, now he's buried in the backyard, wrapped in some KU fleece material per Elijah's request. 
Obviously, Max was a KU fan so that was only appropriate.
We'll be getting another cat.
I didn't know I was so attached til he's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment