Tuesday, May 15, 2012

He gets it.

I was talking with Elijah last week while we were food fasting and we got to talking about poverty in our country vs. other countries.  It was an eye-opening discussion for both of us, I think.  I was able to explain that our country's standard of poverty are much higher then most other countries.  That US poor is really not poor by global standards.
It reminded me that even younger kids can understand these greater world issues.  Not always, but if we don't talk about it at all, the chance of them "getting it" is 0.
So while talking, he paused for a minute and then said this:
"So really, in the United States, alot is normal and enough is poor." 
Whoa.

Read it again.
I just paused. Absorbed.  And said a prayer of thanks.
I think he gets it...

No comments:

Post a Comment