Saturday, May 26, 2012

She dances

I'm a dance mom.  I never thought I would say that.  Thankfully, I'm not the kind of dance mom that lands in a reality TV show and Autumn is not the kind of dancer that pitches a fit when her hair gets messed up or she rips her tights. 
It's actually quite laid back.  I drop her off at a friend's house each week for about an hour, she learns tap and ballet and at the end of the year, we get her all dolled up and she performs.  Good stuff. 
This year the recital had an 80s theme, so she danced to NKOTB and Michael Jackson.  I was PUMPED!  Almost pumped enough to get up and dance with her, but I restrained myself.  There was discussion on having a "mom" dance since so many of us lived the 80s, but we held back on that too.
As always, Autumn did great.  She smiles the whole time she dances.  I french braided her hair to a side ponytail and teased it like crazy!  Super fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment