Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nerves

Big weekend coming up. 
This thing we've taken on called a CrossFit gym has been a total blast so far. 
Next step for me is become certified rather than being an "apprentice."
That means a weekend away by myself (YAY!), 2 full days of instruction (YAY!), and a 50 question test. (UGH!)

I don't have a problem with taking tests, per se.  It's just that I haven't taken a test in oh, probably a decade. I haven't studied for anything in well over 5 years and I'm just a wee bit nervous about this test. 
I know I know what I know and I think I know what I need to know.  It's just that little voice inside that says, "maybe you won't pass."
Thankfully, CrossFit carries over even into this.  Shocker.  I've had to silence many a voices over the years of doing CrossFit.  Many, "you can't do that", "it's not worth the effort", "don't bother", "why would you want to".  I'll silence this voice like I silence the others by just doing it anyway.  Nothing fancy.  No big motivational talks. Just, go do it and see how it goes down.
I'm super excited to go learn alongside what I'm sure to be are excellent coaches.  I hope what I come back with is helpful to those at our box.  And, quite frankly, I hope I don't learn a whole lot cause I've been studying this stuff ALOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment