Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Update on the fight against the Wii...

Well, I won. Sort of.
I stated my case to Elijah about why I was against getting a Wii.
1. It would take ALL his money and some of ours to get the Wii.
2. Games are expensive and we would not be getting new ones on a regular basis.
3. It's an indoor game and we spend most of our days outside over the summer.

Short pause..."Yeah, you're right." Elijah said.

"WHAT!!!?!?!"

Just like that. I'm right. I was so pumped.

So we started looking for an alternative item that got him excited. Here it is:


Air Hogs Switchblade

He was SUPER excited about it. We went to Walmart even though they said it can only be ordered online and were stoked to find it.
Ah, the thrill!! Got it home and all put together.
Took out to a wide open space...

COULDN'T GET IT TO FLY!

I'm honestly not sure if it was operator error(entirely possible) or what.

Since then, he has tried to fly it once...in our yard...which has a large tree...that he got it stuck in. This was, of course, after Chad and I had told him several times NOT to fly it in our yard for that very reason.

After several attempts by several of the neighbor kids we got it down. It's still in working condition.

Elijah is not happy. He wants to take it back. I'm gonna let him.

I do feel pretty bad about the whole ordeal. I hate it when they get all hyped about a toy and it's disappointing. He's going to look for something else a little more operator friendly.

I'm thinking a Wii might be a good idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment