Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Parents

My parents are coming on Friday.
They may be bringing my litte sister and brother.
Not sure exactly cause I haven't really talked to them in a few days and that usually means something has changed multiple times and I no longer know "the plan".

The sad part of ths scenerio is that they will be here for about 24 hours.

That's it.

One measly day and we have to sleep during part of that time so it's really more like 18 hours or something. Bah!

I really like it when they visit and it's not nearly enough. Oddly, I really thought that it would happen more and I think they did too. It's not their fault. They are busy. Crazy busy, 99% of the time.

I always thought that life would maybe slow down as the kids got older, but I'm realizing that is just not the case.

Well, maybe it is if you don't have 9 grown children to fit into your lives like my parents, but they do a wonderful job, I'd say.

It's an intersting set-up, my family. There are alot of us, each with our own lives, circle of friends, schedules, etc. My parents have a very busy life, with their friends, schedules, work, etc. So where do we all fit in?

I'm not sure. I think we all learned pretty early on that we have to take turns. Not just with toys or games, but with our parents, too. Biggest problem gets attention first. I don't know what it's like as an adult to just have my parents "around."
We talk often and really do get to see each other every few months.

They are incredible parents. They have essentially given their whole lives to raising all of us and I'm so thankful for the sacrifices they made to raise us well. Having my own kids now, I realize that even more. It's stinkin' hard!!

My parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary next week. Pretty impressive, I'd say. We're going to all get together this summer to celebrate with them, which doesn't happen very often and isn't easy to do. I'm excited.

So, ya, my parents are coming and I'm stoked to see them. Even if it's only for 18 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment