Sunday, October 10, 2010

Procrastination

If I had to use 5 words to describe myself, procrastinator is most definitely one of them.

And, because I'm a positive person,

and I don't like how procrastination is always portrayed in such a negative light...

here is my case for all the benefits of being a procrastinator!!



1. This goes for everything, paperwork, cleaning, laundry, etc...Adrenaline kicks in at the last minutes and helps me focus. Really! I am often sleep deprived, scatterbrained and forgetful. That extra dose of "Oh crap! I have to finish this right now!" makes me think clearer.



2. I have to clean. It's one of those things that just need to be done, but can almost always be put off til the last minute. I have kids and they are messy. So why clean like a madwomen when I know it's going to be dirty in 5 minutes. I don't. I clean when they are napping or gone or when I know someone is going to come by or when I have time. What I've found to be true...the people that really love you don't care if your house is immaculate. In fact, they'll come help you clean it, if you ask.



3. Getting dressed. Seriously, if I'm heading out to someplace that I know I would rather not have a jelly stain on my pants, then I don't get dressed til the last minute. I'll do my hair (15% of the time) and put on some makeup, but almost never do I get dressed til 5 minutes before we leave. It's not worth the annoyance to freak out when Caleb runs at me with peanut butter fingers and someone dumps milk all over my pants. So I hold off getting dressed. Besides pjs are so much more comfy then most anything else!



4. Getting my kids dressed. See #3. Same reasons!

5. Cleaning out my car. It's just one of those things I only think about doing when I'm actually in my car, which is quite a bit, but then I get out of the car and forget how trashed it is. Besides, I can't tell the numbers of times I've been saved by my cluttered, messy car. For example, when we go somewhere and it's cooler then we expected, I can almost always find a blanket or jacket in my car. And, there have been times that I did clean my car out and then think something is in there that I need and then it isn't and I get mad cause I shouldn't have cleaned the car yet!!

See, procrastination can be good!

3 comments:

  1. 1. EXACTLY
    2. Nothing worse than cleaning just to watch it come undone in less than a minute!
    3. PBJ fingers are just cute! And the stain just reminds you of the cuteness of that messy face later and makes you smile! At least you remember to change before you leave. I often run to Walmart and realize when I'm standing in line that I didn't change the stained shirt or brush my hair today!
    4. Let's add that my kids get dirty so much that I don't have enough clean clothes for them to dirty more than once a day.
    5. Yep!

    Thanks for this Sarah! You always put a smile on my face! (and make me realize I'm not the only one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michelle! I just like to twist my less then perfect personality traits into something that sounds better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you and your procrastination. Also your new beautiful fall backdrop. :D

    ReplyDelete