Monday, July 11, 2011

I cannot form a complete thought...

Therefore I must resort to my all too common list method of blogging.  Someday I may write something profound and meaningful.  I do not know when that day will be. 
1. I want to blog about my week in Missouri.  I really do, but I just can't seem to get it out.  Fun? Yes. Stressful? Yes. Beautiful? Yes.
2. I was nearly in a horrible accident while I was home because I was stupid.  I would also like to blog about that, but haven't been able to collect my thoughts enough yet.
3. I had a long conversation about schooling with Elijah last night.  It made me happy and sad.  He's a good kid.
4. I made the BEST iced coffee today.  It was the recipe off of Pioneer Woman blog.  She's the bomb-diggety.
5. I spent $50 on Round-up to kill the grass/weed/mess of a front yard we have.  I don't think it worked. 
6. We had a very interesting conversation with Chad's brother and wife the other night when they were here.  It was about parenting older kids and how you go about talking about sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.  It is intriguing to me how each family deals or does not deal with these things.  I don't know who is right, but I sure hope we will be when the time comes.
7. Caleb has said some hilarious things lately.  He was carrying around a gallon of milk(half full) last night around 9.  He was standing in front of me as he proceeded to take a big swig from the jug.  I said, "Hey, get a cup, dude!"  He says, "NO! I need the WHOLE BOTTLE!"  and takes another big swig. :)  I love this kid.
8. I'm going to spend a weekend in Kansas City at the end of the month with a few girls that I've known for 15+ years(with the exception of my cousin who has known me my whole life!).  I love old friends.  I'm so excited to see these girls.  They knew me when and still like me today and the feeling is mutual.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. i looked up the iced coffee recipe... it's intriguing...i'd love to hear how you do this and adapt it to your liking. is the idea of the cold brew easier? taste better? i'm not sure it would nec. be easier/quicker....but i could be wrong. anyway, if i find 2 huge containers sometime, i might try it! :)

    ReplyDelete