Thursday, July 21, 2011

No turning back

We are getting a cat/kitten. 
It's been a long time coming and I just hope we're not disappointed.
After a bit of a breakdown, Elijah made a compelling case to get a cat.  I told him to ask his dad, who is not exactly a cat fan.
Chad's famous last words, "That's fine, as long as you raise enough money." 
There was no predetermined amount that would be "enough", but that didn't deter the kids from going all out.
After much planning and discussing, Elijah and Autumn had a list ready to put on a lemonade/koolaid stand. 
They spent their own money to buy supplies, made cookies, made the sign, set out the table and chairs and sat in 105 degree weather to offer their delicious fare to the masses. 
And by masses, I mean alot of our friends who I texted. 
All in all, they made a pretty good amount of which I determined was "enough." 
They don't know it, but we're going to pick out a kitten tomorrow morning from a friend of friend who lives on a farm and has 9 kittens to pick from. 
Hoping we don't get the dud.
To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Good luck. I am sorry I didn't make it by there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have two "farm" cats and they are great! One thinks she's a princess and the other was the runt of the litter who is now the size of a watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this YOUR free cat or THEIR purchased cat!? Bahahaha!! I bet their expressions will be priceless tomorrow...take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be my free cat and their cat they bought litter, food, food dish and scoop for! :)

    ReplyDelete