Monday, July 25, 2011

Old friends

I love old friends.  The ones who have known you for ages.  Before kids and husbands and adulthood.
There are a particular group of chicks that I dearly love. 
It's an interesting bunch.  We came together as kind of a mish mash of circumstances and ages and experiences. 
These hot mommas became friends way back...Back when tucking your shirt in was cool and Lennon sunglasses were hip.

Let me try to explain how we all became friends. 
It's actually quite interesting, well maybe not to you, but it is to me.
The cute little thing with the red shirt in the front is my cousin, Noelle.  We go way back, ALL the way back.  She's the only cousin I grew up with and has turned out to be one of my closest friends.  Can't get much better then that.
The chick in the blue jacket, LV, or Laura, if you like to be formal, happens to be a lovely person inside and out.  Laura and Noelle have been besties since high school.  Laura and Noelle were seniors when I was a freshmen so I've known Laura for a long time, but it took a few fun experiences like this...
and this...

to really solidify the friendship, which now that I think about it could be based on blackmail so as to never reveal what went on some of those nights!
And here's the pic again for a point of reference...
The adorable strawberry blonde in the striped shirt is Riggerts, or Erin or whatever you want to call her.  She doesn't really care much.  She went to college with Laura and Noelle and one year with me and married a friend of all of ours from high school, who we called Ron, but his actual name is Brian. 
Got that??
And finally, the lovely gal in the black happens to be one of those friends you can not talk to for months and not miss a beat when you chat again.  Although, she is, well, lets just say, a FEW years older then me, we met when I was in high school and I can honestly say, she made those years all the better.  She was fresh out of college at her first job and my brother and I helped her move in.  From then on, we spent ALOT of time hanging out.  We've only gotten closer over the years.  So glad she moved close to me!
And this year, we're adding a friend!

This awesome gal on the left...Jill!  So glad she gets to join us this year!
So, those are my girls.  My chicks.  My peeps.  I like em.
We're going to hang out this weekend and I'm uber excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment