Friday, December 9, 2011

Basement

I love having an unfinished basement.  It really is nice to have a place the kids can essentially destroy. 
And they do...horribly.
They destroy it so badly that it makes me want to finish my basement immediately.  I lay awake at night thinking about how the layout would be and what we can do with all that space.  It's not gonna happen anytime soon.  We still don't have a garage and I'm thinking that's probably more important then a finished basement.
That does not stop me from thinking about it though.
The kids and I cleaned the basement yesterday. 
I brought up 4 bags of TRASH! 
Not kidding.
Literally trash.
Broken toys, food particles, papers, unmentionables.
I purposefully do not go downstairs for weeks at a time. 
I daily throw toys down the stairs cause I like having a toy-free upstairs.  Makes me feel organized...until I do venture downstairs then I feel like a total slob.
I have no idea the point of this post.
The basement is already messy again and in a few days it will be destroyed and then in a few more weeks I'll clean it again. 
And so my life goes...

1 comment:

  1. Brian and I always think maybe we should buy a bigger house (you know, one with a basement, a garage big enough for a vehicle, or even {gasp} TWO bathrooms.) But then I start to panic about how I'd keep it clean/organized because I can't even do that with the small house we have now. In theory, there would be more room to spread things out and be more organized. But I know myself. I'd have that same basement. :)

    ReplyDelete