Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fargo, Fargo, Fargo

"WHY would you go to Fargo?" said with a tilt of the head and a confused look on the face.
This is most often the response I get when I tell people we're going to Fargo. 
I just kinda laugh cause that was me a few years ago.  What I didn't know is that Fargo is cool and not just temperature-wise.  It really is a neat city with funky, cool stores and fun stuff...and most importantly,the current home of our good friends, the Hazeltons.

I am a big fan of friends who are just super easy to be around. No pressure, easy-going, sweats and pjs, or out on the town--doesn't matter.  They are just fun!  So while it sounds ridiculous to drive 12+ hours for 2 days, it's really not.
We had a great time, the Bison won, and I got to spend about 20 hours in the car with JUST my hubs! 
Alot can be accomplished in that much alone time.
We were able to stop at Chad's brother's grave, which is nice since we live so far away.

So, truth is, we'd turn around and go again this weekend if we could and someone would take our kids again!
As a side note, my super awesome, brilliant, super hero of a mother had our kids over the weekend and they all had a blast, of course. 
The funniest story from their time is that they lost The Boss" in Bass Pro Shop for a few minutes.  Apparently, he snuck away and jumped the line to get his picture taken with Santa Claus.  After the picture, they asked where his mom was and he said, "I don't know."  Then they found my mom who had been walking around yelling his name. He had the rather pricey picture of himself with Santa so it was a win/win! :-)
So, if the Bison make it to the championship game, we're going.  It's in Texas, which compared to Fargo, is just a quick little jaunt!!  GO BISON!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got to go...and that you got to see some "interesting" sites along the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete