Monday, December 19, 2011

Basketball

Oh, man do I love basketball.
I do.
Some of my earliest memories are on a basketball court with my dad and brothers.
I love the smells and sounds of a gym. 
I had the privilege of growing up with a dad that was a basketball coach and had access to a court basically whenever I wanted.  I loved it.
I had one of those AH! moments this weekend with Elijah.  He had a tournament here in town on Saturday and they played in the championship game late that night.
Now, he loves playing basketball, but had not been getting a lot of playing time and rightly so.  He didn't play with this team last year.  He tends to be more concerned about doing something wrong then just being aggressive.  He hadn't quite gotten the feel for where to be on the court.
His play from the previous weekend to this weekend were greatly improved. 
And so in that championship game, he played alot and played well. 
With just a few seconds left in the game, they were down by 2 and he made a LONG jump shot to tie the game!! 
AH!  I was so happy for him.  I know that feeling.
They ended up losing by 1 in OT.  They were so bummed, but I was super proud of my ball player.  That was a gutsy shot. 
I asked him after the game what he was thinking before he shot.  He said, "I just thought if I made it, my team could maybe have a chance."  :-)
AH!

1 comment: