Sunday, January 8, 2012

Things I always knew about myself...

1. I am a horrible passenger. 
2. I love listening to NPR while I'm driving.
3. I really like being with the hubs.  We act like teenagers.
4. I wholeheartedly trust my loved ones to take care of my kids.
5. I sleep really well in hotels with good mattresses.
6. I DO NOT like Dallas traffic.
7. I do not like cable TV.
8. I start missing my kids about an hour from home, but not too much before then...
9. I love football.
10. Being able to watch your friends be successful is just as rewarding as being successful yourself.

This weekend was great for so many reasons. 
The majority of our days and time are spent taking care of other people and working.  Very rarely do we get the chance to do things on our own time with or without each other. 
I'm OK with that.  I know it's the season we're in with younger children, activities, jobs, etc, but it sure makes those few days here and there all the more meaningful.
It's not easy to get schedules rearranged and children taken care of, but it's sure worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment