Monday, March 5, 2012

Step ??

Submitted my passport documents today.  I realize for the well-traveled individual this is not a big deal.
It happens to be a very big deal to me.  It means when the time comes, all I need is a plane ticket.  It means I can go to Haiti.  My dad is waiting to hear when he can go and teach at the seminary this summer.  I'm waiting to hear if those we know can help us along with an adoption. 

There is a theme here...waiting...patience is a virtue.
My hope is to be able to go to Haiti with my dad.  I haven't talked with him about this, but I'm assuming he's cool with it. 
I want to meet these people that my family has talked about for so long. 
I want to go to the orphanage. 
I want to hold some babies. 
I will try not to smuggle them back with me...I said try...
I submitted those papers with an end goal in mind.  Not an international vacation (although that sounds really nice).
My end goal is our babies.
I want to bring them home.
I know we are months and years from that end goal, but it's a step...

1 comment:

  1. As your above quote says.."Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything is reduced to essentials." You took a big step today. One foot
    In front of the other.

    ReplyDelete