Friday, March 30, 2012

What I want....

is to be content in all circumstances,
joyful in all situations,
thankful for the seemingly trivial,
aware of others struggles,
able to smile when things don't go my way,
and happy to hand each moment over to a faithful God.

What I am...
is annoyed when others don't do what I think they should do,
peeved when I think something should go a certain way and it doesn't,
oblivious to behind-the-scene struggles,
grumpy when I know we're in for a rough round,
and mad that my faithful God didn't think my way was better.

And so I'm practicing, still, eucharisteo.  Giving thanks.  It's not as easy as it may sound.  And the more I do it, the more I'm aware at how bad I am at it.  It's like putting a spotlight on every single moment I feel mad, grumpy, annoyed, angry, etc, ad nauseum...
I'm struggling with feeling those real, human emotions and pausing to still give thanks in them. 
It is bizarre.  Saying thank you for something...when I want to yell and pound my fists against the wall.
What a battle we wage...

No comments:

Post a Comment