Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

What a crazy time of year.  It can be overwhelming and exhausting.
I generally consider myself to be a social person.  I love spending time with people, just hanging out or doing whatever. 
Christmas is a time when I begin to wonder if I really am that social.  It just gets to me after awhile.
The shopping, which I managed to avoid almost entirely this year by shopping online, the cooking, the traveling, the visiting. 
I love it and Christmas just wouldn't feel right without all that, but it wears on me.
I'm currently sitting in a hotel room with 2 sleeping boys, listening to classical music, while the other grownups are playing cards.
I'm here by choice.  I just need some quiet time.  A time out.  I'm tired and crabby.

Despite having the holiday crabbiness, I am thankful for so much.  For a Savior that loves me, a wonderful family that I love, and so, so much more!  My kids are making awesome memories with their cousins this weekend.
I love that! 
It's fun...and exhausting :)

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment