Thursday, December 2, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

After pouring over my new cookbook, I started thinking about all my favorite material things.  I'm not particularly picky about anything so it takes alot to get on this list. They are in no particular order.

1. My VHS of Notting Hill.  Don't laugh.  I love it.  Not necessarily the VHS part, but I love the movie.  It might be the soundtrack or that it's set in London.  I don't even know what it is about it.  I can watch it over and over.  Weird, I know.

2. Explode the Code series-My kids have all learned to read on this series and I love it.  It's simple, which is probably my favorite part.  It's an old school workbook.  No frills.  It gives just enough on each letter for them to "get it" and then it moves on, but still builds from previous knowledge.  I only use it through kindergarten and first grade.  Then we move on to other things.  It's not time intensive either, which is my second favorite thing about it.  I'm all about getting in and getting it done.
3.  Greek dressing, specifically Kraft Greek dressing.  We happened upon it years ago after Chad had returned from his deployment in Greece.  He RAVED about the greek salads over there.  (Chad doesn't really rave about anything, but he came as close to it as I've seen).  It's not exactly "authentic" according to Chad, but oh man, is it good.   Make a salad with spinach, roma tomatoes, red onions, olives, ALOT of feta cheese and this stuff.  YUMMMMM!!!!!!
4.  Everyday Minerals.  http://www.everydayminerals.com/  I love it.  It's cheaper then some other stuff and it's as good, if not better, in my humble opinion.

5. Tresemme hair products.  I have tried ALOT of kinds and I always go back to this stuff.  

Short list and not all that exciting now that I look it over.  Nothing techy or trendy.   Geez, I should get out more.  Broaden my horizons. Try new stuff.  Well, until all that happens, I'll stick with all of these!

1 comment:

  1. What's not to LOVE about Notting Hill???? I did part with my VHS in the move.... =( I parted with 99.9% of my VHS. Netflix took their place!

    ReplyDelete