Monday, December 13, 2010

Funny is subjective...

This picture makes me laugh!  It was taken last summer at my family reunion.   

I spent most of the weekend with these brothers and I must say, we're funny. 

I went back to my parents cause I wanted to see Isaac (he's the less blurry blur running towards me in the picture).  He' in the Navy and is out in S. Carolina these days.  I like him alright so I thought I better go see him now or who knows when I would get to see him again. 
And, I'm working on being asked to be in his upcoming wedding, so any extra time I can get with his fiancee is key.  Seriously.

I also wanted to catch a bball game of my youngest brother, Seth (he's the blurriest blur in the picture.)
He's fun to watch and they won so it was a success!
AND, I got to see Gabe and Dan, which is always a bonus.

So, anyway, back to being funny...I don't know if it's just cause we're from the same gene pool, but we crack ourselves up. 
Basically, I laughed the majority of the weekend.
We got on a tangent about creating a line of really inappropriate greeting cards.  We actually discussed starting a business. 
Here's one for a sympathy card..."Remember when you said if you weren't with someone else, we would have a chance?  Sorry for your loss.  Can I take you out to dinner."
Or..."Thank you for your loss."
Do you think they would fly??  Who knows, but we laughed til we cried and I almost peed my pants.

There was also an incident with my mom making a chipmunk sound and then praying, which made me laugh til I cried. 
So, I'm pretty sure not a single sentence I've written made you laugh, but I've laughed all over again just thinking about it!!
Here's to funny families and good memories!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, but I did laugh at most of these sentences...then again, I am related, so maybe that's why. The inappropriate greeting cards - it was Isaac that started that conversation, wasn't it? Would have loved to have been there for that one! This is when I hate living so far away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm sorry :(
    We were going to call you guys for Joel's input on the cards. Figured he'd have some doozies! We'll work on it the next time we're all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I AM dying laughing at the sympathy cards!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about this one for someone who is in the hospital...? "It looks like you're going to be in here awhile...Can I borrow your car?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely - I'm quite sure Joel would have some great input!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I just peed a little bit... Those guys are a riot. I must agree though, I think we are the only ones that really think we are this hysterical. I wish I could have been there too.. Cant wait to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want a ton of brothers and sisters!! It sounds like soooo much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can adopt you, Jamie! You would fit right in!

    ReplyDelete