Thursday, December 27, 2012

Life's an adventure!

We're home.  Without our car.
Turns out it's pretty banged up.  To the point that the insurance co. needs to go check it out and decide if they want to total it.
So, my parents, in all their gracious kindness, borrowed a van yesterday and hauled our brood 4 hours home only to turn around and drive 4 hours back.  Saints, these people.

At every turn of this saga, one of my parents would say with a big grin and a hug, "Life's an adventure."
Never were more true words said.
I've been mulling that over the past day or so.  I attribute my "rollin' with it" attitude to them.  It is the thing about myself that I may appreciate more then anything else.  It has saved me endless stress, I'm sure.  And, if I'm honest, it is the one thing that can get pretty annoying too.  Sometimes I get tired of rolllin' with it.  I'd kinda like to whine and complain and make a big stupid deal about something.  And I do occasionally.  It feels good to whine...for about 2 seconds.
The conclusion I've come to is that it takes too much energy to whine for very long.  I have an extremely limited amount of energy and conservation is what keeps me going...and coffee.

I like this adventure we're living.  I'd rather it be a little less adventuresome at times, but most of this crazy we chose so we keep rollin'! 

No comments:

Post a Comment