Sunday, December 2, 2012

Blood, sweat and tears

Starting a business is no easy task.  I knew that heading into the beast, but it really has gone smoothly.  A few hiccups here and there, but nothing major.
I was in tears on Tuesday due to computer issues that were holding up the single document that would allow us to sign our lease and move forward. It was a painful reminder of how dependent we are on technology!
This weekend we literally poured blood and sweat into getting the building ready for Monday.  My hands are pretty banged up from mishaps with tools or dragging rubber flooring, but I was very glad for my already calloused hands!
And I can honestly say our CrossFit training played right into the set up of the gym!  Functional training usage at its best!!

 




We spent the large majority of our time cleaning, prepping, planning, cleaning, setting up, cleaning, organizing, and did I mention cleaning??
This place was D.I.R.T.Y!  Dirt and grime, dust and debris. 
We were covered in filth the first day and a little less filth the second day. We're hoping with a few more spray downs, mop ups, and more flooring down the road, we'll be able to keep it relatively neat.
We are so ready to get this going and hope that our gym is an integral part of this community for a LONG time!

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome place. It's so much bigger than I thought and much more light.:)

    ReplyDelete