Friday, December 7, 2012

Mystery solved

Mr. Groves, a retired school teacher and recent widower, comes to the coffee shop every morning and sometimes for lunch.  He quickly became my favorite and I believe the feeling was mutual.  He has such a beautiful demeanor about him. He radiates a gentle spirit and we became fast friends.  He tirelessly plays UNO with the boys when they come and took a particular liking to Autumn. 
So when he decided to tell me this morning that he was our anonymous donor, I really was not surprised.  It is just something he would do.  The reason he told me was because he wanted me to know that he really does care for our family and he and his wife had done this every Christmas and he was so happy to do it.
So I did get to cry and thank this sweet man who really not only made our Christmas season extra special, but I told him where some of that money went so he knew that his generosity affected children and families he has never known!

1 comment: