Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The one thing I know for certain...

is that I don't know anything. There are days(today) that I would like to forego making any decisions at all. I would at times prefer to crawl in a hole and come out with a clean house, well-adjusted children, and all major decisions made. What??? I can't do that!?! Crap!

There are so many decisions to be made in any given day, that I think I get decision burnout. Most aren't really major decisions, but it seems like lately for our family there have been some bigger ones. A change in job, buying/moving into a new house, homeschool vs. not homeschool, job or no job for me, blah, blah, blah! I'm sick of it! I know on some level that these aren't life or death decisions. I know if we choose one over the other it's not going to change the inner workings of the earth. It's just a decision. We can change our minds later and choose something different. So WHAT am I getting so worked up about?

I don't know.

See, it goes back to my first point...I don't know anything. I don't know if this job for my husband is going to be a good decision. I don't know if this whole house is going to work out for the best. I STILL don't know if I should be homeschooling any one of my kids or all of them. I don't know if I should get a job to help out financially. I just flat out DON'T KNOW! Does anyone else feel this way sometimes??
So here's what it comes down to for me. It's faith. I'm obviously not doing so great at that right now, but I know that's the bottom line. It's trusting that we're doing the best we can with what we know and the rest is up to Him.

So next decision...do I fold laundry or watch DWTS? Don't worry, I got this one...BOTH :)

1 comment: